Wednesday 1 January 2014

500!

The Dorset Brunnich's Guillemot had been very obliging and lingered until 30 Dec, so I decided to head down there on New Years Eve on my way to spending New Year in Stoke. I headed off at 4am and arrived at Portland Harbour at about 8.30am. After getting the run around for about half an hour I finally managed some decent views of it and then later in the morning it showed really well where I got some nice photos and video of it. It only dawned on my when I entered my tick into BUBO that this was my 500th bird (under UK400 club rules, I'm only on 480 for the proper BOU list).
An added bonus is that this morning (1 Jan 2014) the bird has not been seen. Talk about leaving it late!
There were plenty of other birds around the harbour, making it a very enjoyable day. 6 Black-throated and 5 Great Northern Divers, Black Guillemot, Razorbill, Common Guillemot, Red-necked Grebe, ~100 Red-breasted Mergansers, Common Eider and a Glossy Ibis at Radipole were all really nice to see.







Glossy Ibis, Radipole

No comments: