Friday 16 January 2009

13 Jan 09 - Mangrove Yellow Warbler

California's first twitchable Mangrove Yellow Warbler turned up just down the road from my hotel today, so I headed off to see it. It's a fantastic looking bird, a full male. I managed to get some photos of it, but they weren't very good, so I've included some linked photos taken by photographers that were there at the time.


Mangrove Yellow Warbler (photo taken by Tom Lindner)

A juvenile Coopers Hawk was also good value, eating a Mourning Dove in one of the trees in the car park.

Juvenile Coopers Hawk

1 comment:

Carl Schmidt said...

Hi, Graham, thanks for stopping by my blog and pointing out that what I mis-identified as a goshawk was actually a northern harrier. As you can see, I'm not the world's best when it comes to id'ing birds and I appreciate the help.

I see you have some great bird photos of your own. Well done! Have a great weekend!