Wednesday 1 October 2008

Heineken don't do Birders Birthdays....

...but if they did, they'd probably be like today!

Day 3 in the Puffinn household and it's my birthday. The saying for today is "You can stick your Brown Flycatchers up your arse". Today was possibly the best days birding I've ever had. Best bird of the day, and a British tick, was White's Thrush which gave prolonged close flight views. Although it gave us all a run around to start with, it finally gave up and showed well, black and white underwing, scales and all.

Next on the list was a Pallas's Gropper, found by Paul Cook which gave views down to less than an arms length (see photos). Other birds that I found today were 2 Bluethroats and a Common Rosefinch. Little Bunting, 2 Pec Sands, 6 Whooper Swans and 2 Jack Snipe added to the tally.

And so ends a great day. I wonder what tomorrow will bring???



Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments: